Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Watched Slumdog Millionaire On Showcase Last Weekend!

On a fantastic note that Slumdog Millionaire has won 8 Oscar awards, I would like follow up on my previous blog article, about the movie on Tata Sky Showcase. Once Tata Sky announced that it could be ordered on Showcase for just 25 bucks, I knew I was ordering it. I ordered the movie on Showcase last weekend. All I had to do was to go on the website in my account and click a few links. That’s all! It was as simple and quick.

There are two things that I like about ordering movies on showcase. Actually three. First, watch the movie in a “theater like” environment without the hassle of actually going to one, the other, its economical (this one was for just Rs 25!) and third, it’s so convenient and quick!

Anyway, the movie was good. Quite gripping and entertaining. The movie context is actually quite similar to a “bollywood mainstream” film, however its technically executed really well. No wonder it found global audiences.

I am really happy that Tata Sky made this movie available on Showcase. Else the only option left would have been to wait for the DVD to release or watch a pirated copy (where I am not sure of the quality also I don’t endorse and participate in the piracy phenomenon). As Tata Sky brings more of such latest movies on Showcase, I think the whole Movie On Demand (MOD) will catch on in a big way. The main reason is that you save on money, time and convenience by watching it at the comfort of your home whenever you want. I would recommend that you order movies on showcase too (If you are not already doing so), and you’ll realize what I am talking about.

I am looking forward to the next good movie on Showcase. For this one I would want to say “Thank you Tata Sky” or more appropriately in the context…

Tata Sky …… Jai ho!!!

No comments: